Wednesday, June 23, 2010

We have had a pretty busy couple of days. Leah has been staying home in order to do some deep cleaning, packing, potty training and she is putting together a garage sale. This is the third day that she has had Evan in underwear for most of the day. And Evan is making some serious improvement. The first day Leah got him to use the potty once, and was cleaning pee for the rest of the day. She had to throw 6 pairs of underwear into the laundry. Today he went pee in the potty about 6 times. He did get a couple of pairs of underwear a little wet, but as soon as he realized that he was in underwear he stopped peeing. He didn’t run to the potty, which would have been nice, but the fact that he held it, and Leah was able to realize that he had to go is a pretty big step in the right direction. However, he still hid in the corner and pooped in his underpants today. Still we are very proud of him.

I am finishing up my last semester at BYU-I. I will be done at the end of July!!! It has been a pretty breezy semester for me too; I saved most of my easy classes for the end. Which is great because when I get home from school now, I have loads of energy to help Leah. Yesterday we spent a lot of time packing. We have quite a few boxes that we are taking back to Nevada on the 4th of July weekend.

And lastly, we are seriously running low on dough! So we are finishing every bit of food that we have and doing absolutely nothing that cost money. Which really hasn’t been that bad of a deal so far, other than a bit of natural fear that this realization brings. We have been riding our bikes, packing lunches, and hanging out at the park for most of our free time. So I guess summer time is the best time to not have money.

Evan in his underpants, and some boxes we loaded

Evan put his sippy cup in mom's water bottle holder.


At lunch, Evan ate all of his celery and ranch! Hardly any of his egg salad sandwich, but the veggies are the most important thing.
P.S. Leah wants all to know that she made home made baby wipes to help us save some money, using paper towels, baby shampoo, baby oil, and boiled water. She found instructions online.

3 comments:

  1. Well she should go the next step and use cloth instead of paper towel :) It's more green and cheaper :) Use kitchen towels or buy some cloth wipes on www.etsy.com. It's easy. Or try cloth napkins, you can buy them at target. I LOVE the pictures of Evan. He is such a cool guy. And you are such a great little family. Hurry up and have another baby already :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. And P.S. Egg Salad sounds delicious, I'm going to make that tomorrow :)

    And P.P.S.. I MISS YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't even think of you guys using the wipes for actually wiping butts, so I owe you a GOOD JOB LEAH :) . I was thinking about what we use "wipes" for, just wiping messy faces or hands, etc.. so we just use towels. I didn't think about yucky messes you definitely want to toss. :-O.

    ReplyDelete